This website (the “Site”) is operated by United Property Solutions Limited (“UPSL”, “we” or “us”). UPSL is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and this Privacy Notice explains how we will handle any personal information that you provide to us or that we collect from you in connection with your use of the Site and the rights you have under data protection law. UPSL is the data controller of the personal information collected via or in connection with the Site.
If you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Notice or UPSL’s handling of your information please get in touch using the contact details outlined at the end of this Notice.
1. Information we may collect from you through the Site
- your name, address, email address, job title and other contact details;
- your business/company name;
- your job title and/or profession;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests;
- IP address
- information related to an enquiry relating to our Product;
- information collected automatically using cookies and other tracking technologies, such as details of the web pages you have visited on our Site and the content that you access.
2. How do we use your information?
Depending on how you use our Site, your interactions with us and the reasons for which you provide your information, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- supplying our services to or otherwise doing business with you;
- performing our obligations under a contract with you,
- managing our relationship with you;
- operating and administering our business;
- fraud prevention, payment recovery, legal and regulatory compliance;
- replying to emails from you;
- to ensure that the Site is presented to you in an effective manner;
- to provide you with information that you have requested from us (for example, if you submit an enquiry via the online form on the Site).
3. Storing your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to meet legal, regulatory and business requirements. You have certain rights to have your personal information erased or corrected (see section 6 below). Please inform us if you believe we hold inaccurate personal information about you.
The security of personal information regarding you is a high priority. We take such steps as are reasonable to securely store personal information regarding you so that it is protected from unauthorised use or access, misuse, loss, modification or unauthorised disclosure. This includes both physical and electronic security measures. Examples include the use of passwords, locked storage cabinets and secured storage rooms. Other features include:
- storing information on secured networks consistent with industry standards, which are only accessible by those employees who have special access rights to such systems;
- using industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring or receiving personal information, such as SSL technology;
- restrictions are placed on the electronic transfer of files; and
- Our IT networks undergo necessary vulnerability testing to continually identify and remediate potential opportunities for unauthorised data access.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above. This period will vary depending on the nature of your interactions with us. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete or anonymise it.
4. Sharing your personal information
If we engage a third party to process personal information on our behalf we contractually require them to handle your personal information appropriately.
We generally do not share personal information collected via the Site with third parties. However, personal information may be shared with third parties where one of the following circumstances applies:
- you have consented to us doing so;
- we are under a legal or regulatory obligation to disclose your personal information, protect the rights, property, or safety of UPSL, our customers or others;
- UPSL’s assets are merged or acquired by a third party, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged assets;
- If we have contracted with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods;
- To provide anonymous statistical information about users of the Site and related usage information to reputable third parties; or
- We are using a third party service provider to provide services that involve data processing (for example, hosting the Site).
Where any of your information is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
Wherever we transfer personal information outside of Bangladesh, we will take legally required steps to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect it. You may contact us for an explanation of the basis on which we have transferred your personal information and, where relevant, to request a copy of the legal safeguards which we have put in place.
We may compile statistics about the use of our website including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you.
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or governmental authority.
5. Links to third party websites
The Site may contain links to third party websites, including options to share content you have read on third party websites, for example, on LinkedIn or Facebook. If you follow a link to any third party website, please be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their handling of your personal information.
6. Your rights
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to object to, restrict and/or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information, the right to access or erase your personal information, and the ability to receive a machine readable copy of your personal information.
You also have the right to ensure that we correct or delete any inaccurate or out of date personal information which we have about you. If you believe that any personal information which we have about you is inaccurate or out of date and you would like us to correct or delete it, or you wish to exercise any other of your rights, please contact us at the address below.
Any request to exercise one of these rights will be assessed by us on a case-by-case basis. There may be circumstances in which we are not legally required to comply with your request because of relevant legal exemptions provided for in applicable data protection legislation.
You may also have the right to contact the relevant data protection authority (the Information Commission’s Office) if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns, we request that you initially contact us at the email address below so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
7. Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be amended by us at any time. Please check this page periodically to inform yourself of any changes. It was last amended on July 1st 2021.
8. How to contact us
If you have any questions, need further information about our privacy practices, or would like to let us know that your details require updating, please contact us at the following addresses.
Address: UPSL, United House, Madani Avenue, Dhaka-1212.